Wednesday, October 30, 2013

We didn't get a dog...



But I did photograph a few pups!

It has been quiet around this space lately. 
And I am sorry. I know I kind of just disappeared and I HATE that when my favorite blogs do that.  Especially, when they leave me wondering.  And my intention wasn't to leave this space so quiet.

If you know me or follow me on Facebook...you may have picked up on the exciting adventure I have taken on.  I jumped in and am giving photography a little more attention.  I have actually conquered 15 photo shoots this fall and have a few more on my calendar.  


I started with friends who were willing to torture their family while I awkwardly worked my way through a shoot.  And then I started to feel a little more comfortable, word is spreading, and all of a sudden I got asked to do these three adorable dogs. 


Everything is WAY off balance here.  I haven't exercised.  The house is a mess.  Laundry has been piled for weeks and never makes it's way to the final destination.  I am up too late.  And Syd is waking too early.  Burning the candle at both ends.  I have not emailed my mom or sister like I typically do.  I haven't taken a picture of my kids for over a week.  We haven't carved pumpkins.  And I am constantly feeling overwhelmed.

BUT, I am happy and challenged.  I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes last night for dinner.  The meatloaf recipe called for a fourth of a cup of ketchup and we were out.  Thankfully, last time my mom visited she treated the boys to sonic tator tots and made me keep the ketchup packets they threw in the bag.  6 of them gave enough ketchup to make half the recipe..one loaf instead of two.

  I volunteered in Henry's classroom both Tuesday and Wednesday.  All three kids were there to witness Charley pass his 9 year old well check.  Our yard isn't out of control with leaves...I mowed.  Today we ran errands all day long 

This weekend I am escaping.  Like really escaping.  I am actually flying to visit my mom and sister for two nights.  The weekend was planned because of my sister's dream of seeing Pink with my mom and I.  Unfortunately, Ms. Pink has a voice that needs to rest so the concert will be at a later date...middle of the week in January.  So, I won't be going to the concert...but, I am so looking forward to wandering the airport pretending I am off to somewhere warm and exotic...but, will be so excited to only have a 45 minute flight that costs less than the gas it would take to drive there and back.  And time with my mom and sister - where we can talk and chat and relax without 5 little kids running around will be pure bliss.  


When a mama leaves for some time away from the family it is amazing all the things she tries to prep for.  It is just like sub plans when I taught...almost more work to prep for a sub than just work.  When Ed leaves for a weekend there is really no prep...he just packs his bag, sometimes the morning of departure and off he goes.  Why do I feel like I need to make sure the diapers and wipes are stocked, the fridge is full, and there is a list of things to do on hand.  We'll see.  I haven't even started packing and I keep forgetting that I get to have this fun weekend.  So thankful that Ed is willing to be solo dad so I can go and relax.  


We are anxiously awaiting the news from Ed's brother.  They are expecting their second ...since Sunday.  She went early with their first...so I can only imagine the frustration she is feeling.  Hang in there soon to be mama to two!  

Ed's sister has been super mama too.  Her little beauty Grace is a trooper who has spent some time in and out of the hospital due to various little challenges.  They are slowly figuring things out but, prayers are so powerful and we are always so glad to get updates that prove her amazing strength...and by her amazing strength...I have to say both Grace and mama Sara are amazingly strong to be handling all of this.  Such a journey they are on together.  


So we are here.  Charley is 9.  
We haven't carved pumpkins. 
But, we are happy and healthy and thankful for the quiet moments, especially those moments when everyone is sleeping.  Especially the moments when everyone is still sleeping past 5am.  


I hope you are all well.  I am hoping this time away this weekend allows me time to think out how to better prioritize my time so that being a mom, being a wife, blogging, exercise, emailing friends and family, and photography can all fit in.  

Don't give up on me!  I'll be back!  


1 comment:

Beth said...

Enjoy your weekend; you deserve it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails