Wednesday, June 26, 2013

the essentials



"Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. 
Everything gets reduced to essentials."
- Meryl Streep


Sometimes this blog is my moment in the morning to find my focus for today. 
And this quote by Meryl is my reminder this Wednesday. 
We will get where we are supposed to go.
I will juggle to get done a few essentials to keep us clothed and fed.
And I will focus on some moments to make June 26, 2013, a great summer day. 
A day with no big bells and whistles sounding, but rather a steady comforting hum that makes us realize the ordinary summer days are most off the most extraordinary!  





Our girl got her hair chopped a few inches shorter yesterday...so these pictures would look different today....just like they will look so different next year too.  
Embrace today.  
GO!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this line: A day with no big bells and whistles sounding, but rather a steady comforting hum...

Makes me feel good about settling into the rhythm of our everyday. Thanks for the reminder.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails