Monday, July 16, 2012

In which I try and convince myself I am not a bad mom...

This is the post in which I convince myself that this morning's decision to hit the pool, right when it opens, to avoid the incredible heat, that is going to hit later today...is not a bad mom decision.

The boys woke up chasing each other around our lower level while throwing balls up the stairs and playing some sort of game that meant they had to periodically wrestle the ball away from each other every few minutes.

They need to burn energy.

  But my third little Miss has a runny nose and probably shouldn't be to the pool this am.

 But if we don't go I am afraid of what will be broken in the house by noon. So we are hitting it by 10 and home by noon. I will float with little Miss so that she is cool and comfortable and as soon as she isn't we will return home.

  PRAYING. That the boys burn the energy that has them lapping our lower level before someone takes a header into the wall.

  Where you at this Monday morning...

2 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

Sounds like a fun morning! I worked out this morning, had a delicious rhubarb buttermilk loaf for breakfast and now we're playing, making a mess and waiting for our friends to come over.

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

sounds like our monday. I woke up to my two oldest fighting about something and it just wouldn't stop. I ended up sending one to their room and insisted the door stay shut. Thinking we might hit the lake today just to get out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails