Thursday, January 12, 2012

The days can be long...


So my friends----
I write a post.  down.  not in the groove.
And I think, Oh, they'll share their upbeat in the groove feelings and that will help this mama get her groove back. 


But then comments and emails started rolling in and you all are pretty much not groovin' either.
So much for counting on all of you.
It must be the weather or the day of the week...or...

I hope you have found a way to get a little hop in your step.

Syd napped while the boys were at school and I got an hour to putter and shower.  That helped.

Then we ventured to the Apple store and were gifted the news that my laptop is just fine, at least for the time being.
So Sydney, Henry, and I went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate.  Now, you have to realize that we have not taken Sydney out to a restaurant since she was in her carrying car seat.  So sitting in a wood highchair and pounding on the table was new to her, and "new to me again."  It went well.  I ordered super fast, a salad that I had never had.  I scored though because it had big chunks of avocado and black beans that weren't seasoned and so she devoured those items...along with the banana they give you and the bread.  Plus the baby food and puffs and water that I had toted along. 

I literally wolfed down my BBQ chicken salad in 5 minutes, the entire thing.  I would have licked the plate if I hadn't been distracted by the flying banana and sticky avocado fingers that kept grabbing my sleeve.  Henry devoured his mac and cheese that he shared with his sister.  And we had the computer fixed and lunch all in one hour.  A lunch entree like that is such a treat to a mama who usually eats the hotdog or grilled cheese with the kids.

Home again, Home again, jiggity jig. 
My computer is working and I immediately downloaded these beauties.
Love my little girl who is about to turn 1.







Hope you got your groove on.  Otherwise, let it be a groove-less day.  Put the kids to bed early. Remember the saying, "The days are long but the years are short."  Well there is no shame in bringing one day to close a little early, in hopes of starting tomorrow sooner and with more energy.  Tonight, Pour a glass of wine or a cup of tea.  Curl up with a book or some mindless TV.  And plan on a day filled with joy ...tomorrow.  Because tomorrow is Friday and Fridays are always bip bopping days. 


4 comments:

jessica said...

Adorable pictures! Love that little girl!

My question is, what type of cheesecake did you get?

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

Thank you for this post. When I read the other one today I almost took time from the crying kids to respond saying my day was royally sucking too but didn't. Glad I'm not alone but also happy thy your day seemed to turn around. Mine is still uneasy. Headache isn't helping.
Pw

Danifred said...

For the first moment ever, I just realized that I won't be dressing my baby in adorable tutus and leggings. Holy crap!

CB said...

I'll chime in with the fact that I am having a great week - which is pretty awesome because I had about 3 bad weeks in a row, so I was due! We're all entitled to our "off" days or we'd be in the loony bin :)

Love Sydney's outfit - so fun to dress up little girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails