Henry and I have been slowly working on spelling and writing his name. He is a boy and I don't push the writing part of his name. But he is motivated by seeing his brother's abilities. He has mastered writing the H and the E. This week one of our tasks was rearranging the letters to spell his name. I used painting tape to make the letters of his name. NEXT TIME I WOULD TRY MASKING TAPE.
After arranging them to spell Henry many times after I mixed them up, he painted them each a different color. He painted each sheet a different color and he painted the entire thing.
After he was done painting, we let them dry, and then I peeled the tape off. The tape took with it a wee bit of the paper. That is why I would try the masking tape next time. But after removing the tape we ended up with a cute name craft!
I can not remember where I got this idea. But it is from a blog :)