Thursday, September 29, 2011

Super Sydney - a gift that made my day!


It has been a whirlwind of a week and a half.  
Now my mom is here and all seems right in the world.
But last week, was tough.
But there was a day when I dressed Sydney for the day with a smile.  
I had just bought her a pink superman shirt at Old Navy for 5 bucks. 
Couldn't pass that up. 

That day I went out to the mailbox and in it was a package addressed to
"Super Sydney".
FOR REAL.
A month or so ago when visiting with my mother in law I mentioned how I would love a superman cape for Sydney.  She made the boys each one...with their initials instead of the S for Superman.  I told her that I could see a really cute picture with them all sitting in a row with their backs to me.  Sydney in the middle.  




Blessed.  Truly blessed.
Not only did Ed's mom take the time to whip this cute thing up. 
She either knew that I needed a little pick me up last week...or she has perfect timing. 
Because not only did it arrive and put a smile on my face...but Sydney was already wearing a Superman shirt.  

So I snapped a few pictures of her in the house and then we raced outside, since the temps were favorable for a tutu, barefoot, photoshoot. 
The neighbor mom and her 16 year old daughter walked over.  She was dressed up in her homecoming dress.  It was fun to realize that now that I have a girl I will get to do the homecoming dress shopping spree.  But man, it also made me soooo glad that I was still at the tutu wearing, sitting on the blanket, and still occasionally ending up like this...stage. 


Thanks Grandma Charlie for every single handmade item you have gifted us.  
Each one is a treasure.  And this one meant the world to me. 


3 comments:

Grandma Charlie said...

You're welcome!! She is so precious.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that! :) And love thinking about the 16 year old in her dress. Bet that mom was thinking back to her days with her little one.

Kim

jen said...

Wow!!!! I can not believe how big she is!!! I didn't realize how long it had been since i checked all my blogs. thank you for checking in on my little blog. it seems all i can do to post here and there. you amaze me with how much you do. take care, jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails