Monday, June 6, 2011

on another note...

My earlier post might have been... I don't know deep...

But then I have these thoughts today...

On the front stoop sits my soon to be first grader and my very big 3 year old...joined by their neighbor friend. And they are enjoying their purple Popsicles on this 90+ temperature day. And I hear Henry...

"You know we can't say bad words." and then there is lowered voices. hmmm...

And then I wander over to the door and Henry is getting up and showing proudly his Popsicle stick. Announcing, "I am done first!" and as he runs off to put his Popsicle stick in the garbage I watch as Charley turns to his friend and says, "That's because we don't rush. We take our time."

This weekend I had a lot of moments where I felt like Henry at the end of the day. I proclaimed to my sister in a text. "YES, all kids are in bed." It was a race to get through the day.

But today, even with this heat, I am taking it slow. Taking our time. Not rushing it. A little kiddie pool time. A little coloring at the kitchen table. A little slurping of the purple Popsicles. A little cartoon action.

Slide in a quick Dr. appointment to inquire about the yeast residing in Sydney's deep neck creases...it is looking mighty irritated...one of those failing as a mama moments these days.

And hopefully end with some dinner out with the infamous daddy who is planning on reappearing this evening...I know tired but hopefully ready to take on bedtime - because I feel a little bloated from too much bedtime duty....

And it just might be a double dose Popsicles day.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails