Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!

We are up and at 'em here at my mom and dads.  The boys were either...

a. too excited for the week ahead
b.  the pink lemonade at dinner gave them a second wind
c.  had too much pent up energy  yesterday with the 6 hours in the car...

or maybe it is

d.  Maybe they are in love with life....“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” Dr. Seuss

Because bedtime for the boys came late and left me feeling a little frustrated.  However, it only means that tonight - bedtime will roll around early.  Miss Sydney slept wonderfully of course.

The car ride yesterday went better than I could have dreamed.  The lunch bag snack/activity thing worked EXCELLENT!  We didn't even make our way through half of the bags and so I am all set for our road trip home.  Sydney slept and played with her new lovely rattle friend...to be picture at a later time....  Maybe this evening when they are in bed by 5pm.  You laugh.  I might be serious.

We arrived late afternoon.  Waited with great anticipation for Grandma to arrive home.  Grandpa swooped in grabbed a fishing pole and some worms and off we went.  First, to be crossed off our bucket list...hot dog dinner at Skips by the lake.  And then we leisurely walked the lake and fished off the dock...only to see a catfish - but nothing found it's way onto our pole.  Pictures to be shared later too!

Today:  We will get in the car AGAIN but this time for only a good 1 hour ride to visit a college girlfriend and her littles.  So excited to just hang out like neighbors.  Giving myself permission to splurge on coffees this week on our outings.  I did bring my latte making set up which I need to post about.  Soon!  The week is going to fly.  But I am going to keep this quote in my head this week as the days end and the week soars by...

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
Dr. Seuss





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the dr. seuss quotes-you know how much i love him....his books, his picutres etc. can't wait to see you guys. RR

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

i agree with RR..the dr. seuss quotes are awesome! have fun with the kids and just plain enjoy being in town!!
i'm liking the bags idea...may do that with the bird for our road trip to NY this weekend!
pw

April said...

I love the last quote Sarah! Let it be my motto for summer!!!
Have a great time this week! :)

Anonymous said...

That quote took my breath away a little! We are all SO LUCKY!! AK

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails