Sunday, January 30, 2011

The newest Big Brother

Henry has been excited to meet the baby that has been in the "sack" for a while now. We worked hard in the last 9 months to prepare him to be a big brother. We got rid of the nuk, potty trained him, moved him into a big boy bed, and added the label "roommates" to Charley and Henry's relationship.

At the hospital when he met Miss Sydney he seemed a bit overwhelmed. He took it all in and followed his brother's lead. However, he wouldn't hold Sydney. He said he would hold her on Friday. I was determined to get him to hold her at the hospital. And thanks to a friend who delivered some yummy chocolates to the hospital (Thanks Lynelle!) I had the right goods to bribe my boy with.


Arriving home he spent a lot of time running over to the bassinet to check on each sound that little Miss Sydney would make.  He would come bolting from the bassinet area announcing "Baby Cindy is awake. or Baby Cindy is sleeping."  Yes, Sydney is coming out as Cindy right now.  It bothered me at first but I am realizing it is just a part of Henry being three and it is actually really cute.  We have started calling her Syd and that seems to be helping.  He has said Sydney a few times lately.  Yipee! 

Here are a few more shots of the newest BIG BROTHER in our household.  We are so proud of him! 







4 comments:

Stepping On Cheerios said...

Those are such sweet photos. Puck was 2 years, 3 months when we brought Muffin into the world. It was very challenging.

I really want a 3rd...but I worry about making Muffin, who has his own set of challenges, the middle child.

My favorite shot is the one with him peering into the bassinet with that smile of wonder on his face:)

Shell said...

Oh, my!!!

I have been off of blogs for over a week for the most part and WOW did I miss a lot- had to go back and look at all of your babypics b/c I missed so much.

You have a girl!

Don't worry, we can still be friends. ;)

Congrats, mama!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of Henry in the hospital with Sydney. So cute! that look on his face is awesome.

Kim

Raina and Andy said...

ALL of those shots are awesome. way to capture it how things really are. LOVE it. what a big brother. wonder if my big brother was not-so-in to me? HA RR

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails