Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What's for dinner? .................Hashbrown Egg Bake

I whipped this recipe up with things I had laying around the house.  I improvised and used a little ham, not a pound, instead of the bacon.  I also added some onion.  Next time I would probably add some green pepper and mushrooms. 



Hash brown Egg Bake

1 32 oz. package frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 pound bacon ( threw in a little ham instead)
1 cup shredded cheese (I probably used more), divided
1/4 tsp. salt
8 eggs
2 cups milk
1 dash paprika

In a large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, and salt.
Spoon into a greased 13x 9 baking dish.
In a bowl, beat eggs and milk until smooth.
Pour egg/milk mixture over hash brown mixture.
Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until golden (egg bakes always take longer for me). 
Top with remaining cheese!



2 comments:

Aleksandra Nearing said...

YUM! I actually just bought a bag of frozen hash browns for the first time :)

Danifred said...

Sounds absolutely delicious. I love breakfast for dinner.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails