Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blustery Brownie Morning

It rained almost non-stop for 24 hours. This morning when we woke it was blustery and cold. After getting Charley off to school I was determined to quench a craving I have been having....
Brownies!


I have never made them. They are something I have never craved, but seem to enjoy when one is placed on a napkin and in the palm of my hand.  The last few days I have thought about brownies...warm ones, melt in your mouth, chocolaty brownies.  So after our bitter walk dropping Charley off to school I decided to try my hand at homemade brownies.  And having Henry as my baking assistant is never a bad choice.  He is becoming a little baker. 



The recipe I found advertises it as being a ONE BOWL BROWNIE!  And it was!  Wonderful!

One Bowl Brownies!

Ingredients:

2 whole eggs
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup flour
4 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla (oops I forgot this, I just realized)
1/2 cup nuts ( I don't like nuts in my brownies so I opted out)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
****
Mix the brownie ingredients.
Grease an 8x8 pan (or double the recipe to fit a 9x13 pan)
Pour batter into the greased pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

I opted to double the recipe because, well being pregnant I knew I would indulge every time I walked by the pan.  And an 8 x 8 would be super obvious to my husband and boys if I happen to nibble more than my share.  But hey, I am eating for two and it is time to start enjoying the eating part of this pregnancy. 

They turned out WONDERFUL!  I will search no farther for a brownie recipe.  This is it, with or without the vanilla! 

So blustery mornings are meant for brownies.  Really, they are!

2 comments:

April said...

I may have to try this today. We are stuck in the house because Gavin is sick. I wish it was chilly outside...it's supposed to be lovely 100 degrees today, yuck!! Oh, and I can't wait to hear your recipe for the egg dish you mentioned!

Cara (aka Temberton) said...

Love your new header, especially baby bump! :) I thought all brownies were one bowl brownies?!? Hmmm! At any rate, it sounds yummy! And, I am with you on the nuts. I do no like them in my ham. I do not like them Sam I Am! *grin*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails