1. Need a last minute Christmas present for someone. Amazon has a bunch of magazine deals that cost only $5 and will be enjoyed for an entire year. This mom writes about them here.
2. I have been taking a chance and leaving comments on various blogs trying to win some of the fun giveaways that they are having. And I have WON twice! I won recently on this blog. It isn't a new camera or a gift card for $200...but heck - it is so fun to get an email that says your name was randomly picked. I can't wait to see what product! This win made me giggle.
3. This past weekend we did the whole 6 hour drive to my parents. Over Thanksgiving when we traveled we realized that a family of four to eat while on the road costs about $20...and we happened to travel over meal times everytime we were in the car...so we ended up spending 60 or so bucks on fast food - FELT SO YUCKY! So this trip we packed food. It was totally worth it. We not only saved the money - but we all were feeling much better. And we didn't have to even stop on the way TO my parents - six hours non-stop! Bam!
4. My goal in the last year has been to buy less of the individually wrapped snacks. Instead I buy a large container of the item and then separate them out into little snack containers when we need some. The snack size containers are convenient...especially when making lunches (so I am guessing at some point we will begin investing) but for right now this saves us money. A box of 6 snack packs of goldfish crackers can cost the same as a large box that would make way more snack baggies. It also is a lot less trash!
5. Cheap entertainment for car travel - THESE! Car Bingo Cards! St. Nick brought Charley a couple...if you live local let me know and I will tell you where St. Nick got them, because he and I share our secrets. Charley enjoyed them and so did I. They kept us busy for about an hour - taking in the sites around us as we drove..instead of zoned out in front of a movie, which we do too!