Yes! It is an actual holiday - at least some of my friends are claiming this. And I believe them. But today it is National Housewives Day. So today I will be thankful and find grace in 5 things that I appreciate about being a housewife today and not in years past.
1. Dishwashers: I HATE unloading it. But boy am I grateful that I can load it and push wash!
2. Washing machines and dryers: Mine may sound like it is ready to take off into outer space, but I sure do appreciate not having to carry loads to the river to wash by hand. And my days of using the laundry in the dorm basement or at the laundromat have GLADLY passed.
3. Pizza Places: When it is that kind of day - I appreciate being able to swing by and pick up a hot, cheesy pizza that doesn't cause more dishes and counters to be cleaned up.
4. A Bathtub: Not only does it clean my boys on a nightly basis but I have one of my own that I can enjoy on nights when the housewife duties have me needing a glass of wine and bubble time.
5. Freedom: As a woman of today, I had the chance to choose to not only become a wife but to have children and take a leave from my career of teaching to be a housewife. And though some women might not make this same choice, we all can agree that our daughters will grow up with the freedom to choose their own path.