Saturday, August 22, 2009

A summer evening party for Uncle Greg!

Tonight we went to a party to celebrate Greg's accomplishment this week. He is now officially Dr. Schneider. The boys wore t-shirts to brag of their relation to Greg. In one week he will head off to Michigan to settle himself in his new "hometown" and he will begin teaching in October. So tonight his good friend Paul and his wife gave up their Saturday evening and their house to help send Greg off with a bang. It was a fun party on a perfect summer evening. Even mom and dad came to celebrate!

The boys were troopers...it is events like these that I realize how lucky I am with my boys. They really come through for me when we are at public events- especially when Ed can't be there. A few reminders to settle down, stop interrupting people etc...but for the most part they keep busy, are friendly, and leave quietly when it is time. Henry didn't even nap today.

Congratulations Greg! I didn't want to do a huggy goodbye because I don't want to make a big deal about the move. It makes me sad to think we didn't take advantage of our close proximity these last few years...but I think we did do a few things - of course we could have done more. And Michigan isn't too far! See you soon!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cuuuuuuuute shirts sarah! glad you had a good time. RR

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails