Tuesday, June 9, 2009

These are the days....

These are the days...
You'll remember...

Today was one of those days that I hope repeats itself many times in the next few months. I found many moments where I was overwhelmed with happiness and more importantly the feeling of being content. The last few months my moods have been so up and down. And the last few days I have finally felt like myself again. Not sure what it is. But today we woke up, had a relaxed morning with breakfast. Charley has been asking for lots of different grocery items so I told him a few days ago that he could make a list and we would go get some of those necessary items. So we got packed up for swim lessons and chanced a trip to Target beforehand. We totally made it in plenty of time...even ran for a car wash. Henry was a dream watching Charley swim. He kept himself busy with an animal puzzle, some crayons and stickers, a little girl, and some pretzels. Upon arriving home we made lunch, watched a cartoon, put Henry down for nap. Then Charley and I opened up his "homework" folder. Those that know me probably remember me as the project mom. It has been along time since I have done an art project or anything like that. So Charley and I sat side by side, without the computer, and worked for almost an hour on all sorts of fun things. Then he saw a neighbor girl, who normally goes to daycare, outside. So he ran over and asked her to come over. They played games, pet shop, and when Henry woke up we all walked to the park in the rain...sprinkles. Charley rode his bike around the cul de sac with her for over 45 minutes and now we are grilling burgers. The house isn't a huge mess. It is just enough that one would know we were busy today. Daddy will be home, bath time soon...and then it is "me" time.

So the only thing that could make the dinner making process that much more enjoyable would be a cold Honeyweiss...but tomorrow I will be getting some lab tests done and I wouldn't want to throw my cholesterol readings off. I am hoping for great numbers that I can brag about.

So even with the cloudy cool day we had a really nice unexpected day. This song came to mind as I stood in the middle of the circle watching Charley go around and around.



Song lyrics....

These are days you`ll remember.
Never before and never since, I promise, will the whole world be warm as this.
And as you feel it, you`ll know it`s true that you are blessed and lucky.
It`s true that you are touched by something that will grow and bloom in you.

These are days you`ll remember.
When May is rushing over you with desire to be part of the miracles you see in
every hour.
You`ll know it`s true that you are blessed and lucky.
It`s true that you are touched by something that will grow and bloom in you.

These are days.

These are the days you might fill with laughter until you break.
These days you might feel a shaft of light make its way across your face.
And when you do you`ll know how it was meant to be.
See the signs and know their meaning.
It`s true, you`ll know how it was meant to be.
Hear the signs and know they`re speaking to you, to you.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I love to hear you so happy and wonder what was on Charley's grocery list. Sunday in church, Father Dan talked about memories and he said a good friend from his former parish (Sheboygan) once told him, "all days aren't perfect or exciting, but then we can always remember those that are".

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails