Saturday, December 13, 2008

Now Mama just needs to sleep through the night

I have been given my most valuable Christmas gift this season. Henry, who will turn 1 in weeks has decided it is time to sleep through the night. The last three nights he has slept from 7 pm until close to 7 am. The problem is that I still wake up around 4 or 5 (if I am lucky) and can't get back to sleep. I think my body is so used to such broken up and minimal sleep that getting 6 or 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep leaves me well rested at 5 am. I actually love getting up and having an hour to putter around in the quiet, read my book, catch up on some mindless tv....but I think I don't need 2 hours every morning. I need to sleep until at least 6.

So with both boys sleeping until almost 7 --- does this mean it is time for me to get up and use the elliptical that I had to have several years ago. No more excuses. Hmmmmm....I guess I have my first new years resolution :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails