Thursday, August 22, 2013

back to school night....and today



Last night was back to school night for Charley.  
We met his new teacher, we are pumped.  
Our teaching years overlapped at the same school, but our paths didn't really cross much.  
He has a few familiar faces - so for switching schools - he is one excited boy.  Amazing.


He is soooo excited to have a desk at his new school.
I am SOOOO excited to see if he keeps his desk organized or is "that kid" who gets his desk dumped monthly so he has to clean it.  I don't know if they do that anymore - but back when I was in school I remember the same boy, Billy, getting his desk dumped.  


If only his excitement was as contagious as pink eye, the stomach flue, or pneumonia...because, little brother needs to catch some!  

I have a third grader!  



The amazing things about being a mama...you get a fresh start each day.  
Today is already better, thank goodness.  A hug from Ed last night and a quiet reminder that this happens to me every year at the end of the summer, made everything calm in my mind and heart.  Grateful for that man.  Then a friend, Katie, always has the most complimentary things to say about my mama ways.  Thank you, friend.  And sister, I know you are going to rock today too.  Thanks for the kind words on yesterday's face plant post.   Can't believe I caught that actual face plant of Henry's.  
We are off to the zoo with Charley's first friend from his time home with me.  Now she has three too.  So I doubt we will get many deep thoughts exchanged...but, I can guarantee we will both be grinning at our trios acting animals and tempting us to leave them at the zoo :)

If today is your face plant of a day - embrace it...an extra cartoon, a donut at the park, an ice cream cone before dinner, let go of your to do list and take a nap (if you can), or play Candyland ....call upon a girl friend.  And know that tomorrow will be your day to ROCK IT.  

My summer with a 2 1/2 year old, 5 1/2 year old, and 8 1/2 year old is ending faster than I can handle.  
GO!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails