Tuesday, July 30, 2013

a favorite and best moment captured


The docks are the popular hang out spot.  
Whether you are sitting with a book, chatting with friends.
Watching the clouds roll in.

Or catching "nimmows" as my little nephew Eli called them. 


This kid could spend hours catching minnows...and he did. 


Miss Sydney too. 
She loved it.


 She liked to rescue them from the net and throw them back right away. 
The other kids like to fill buckets with all sorts of lake treasures...this year mostly snails, minnows, crayfish, and clams.



This mama missed a whole lot of fun chats with friends and family up on the shore because I was sipping my glass of wine and netting up minnows 3-6 at a time right in the midst of all the kiddy chaos.  And I don't regret a minute of it.    


Catching "nimmows" with Eli and my small tribe was a favorite and a best this trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the love of nimmows with my cute boy!! So special. Love the stretch of 3 to 6 in one swoop. Hahahahaha rr

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails