Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Time flies...


Time flies when you are having fun.
Our Memorial Day weekend proved fun. 
It went fast. 
And it has left us all a little run down.  
But much fun was had when all of my family rolled into town.  (more will be shared)

Henry finished school last Wednesday (recap coming soon).
Syd finished school on Friday (recap coming soon).
Two down...one to go.  Char has 8 days left. 

Rain is predicted all week. 
Hoping at least for some bursts of sunshine.
Otherwise, we will embrace the gloom and get everything ready inside so that as soon as June 7th arrives I can succumb to the lazy days of summer, relishing this age and stage of my motherhood career.  Because no other summer will be exactly like this one that arrives very soon. 

This is it.  Summer 2013 will be the summer of a 2 year old, 5 year old, and 8 year old. 
The possibilities are endless.  This week we will work on our bucket list. 

And I will admit that I have changed my mind and decided to over-think chores and learning goals with my kiddos.  Because I think an 8 and 5 year old have the ability to have some responsibility.  I also know they will have wants this summer, so having a plan that helps them take control of earning some money and not falling behind on their reading and math facts is important to me.  Now to just figure out a system that will work for all of us.  That's the tough part. 

It will be a gloomy walk to school in the rain.
Henry starts a two week swim camp today. 
That means Syd and I get to spend some time in a little humidity.
But, our outdoor summer pool is supposedly open..if the temps would rise above 70.  So we must prepare!  

Happy Monday...I mean TUESDAY!  Short week.  Always fun.  

Charley just asked Henry "Isn't that epic?"  Henry reasonably responded, "It might not be epic, but it's cool."  I am guessing today won't be epic...but I am going to hope for a a cool day!  

Have an epic or a cool day!

Love, 
Sarah 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails