Thursday, April 25, 2013

the conundrum


The conundrum...

Ed will finally be home at dinner hour tonight. 
Do I escape when he walks in and go wander the mall or sit at a coffee shop and read?
Or do I hang tight and enjoy a family dinner and embrace the help at bedtime, which will most likely be chaotic because they won't know how to handle the excitement of daddy's presence?

Both things would do wonders to revitalize me for the end of the week and weekend.
It has been a lot of solo parenting time, and when I stay home all day, it really is 24 hour on duty.  

Luckily, I can ponder this with good pals and little ones over NACHOS in a bit!  YES!  You heard right, I roped some good friends into digging in to a pile of goodness in about an hour and a half.  Well, they open at 11.  And we will be waiting at the door. The invite was to share some nachos.  But I am wondering if they would think it rude if I ordered myself a platter, hoping to overdue it so the craving no longer exists.  HA!  

Oh, boy!  It's nacho day!  
Even Syd was sitting and reading one of her board books to herself and used the word nachos twice.  
HA!  

Vote:  Should I stay or should I go?  

2 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

I would stay for dinner and then leave after to skip bedtime!!

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

I would stay but then I am usually too tired to head out at night and enjoy it. I would instead take off this weekend for a bit of time to yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails