Wednesday, December 28, 2011

home for the holidays.














As I sit and go through pictures and think about all the celebrations that we have had.  I can't help but think of the word illusions...when I am sitting here blogging. 
Blogging has the tendency to only showcase the magic.
We had incredible holiday celebrations.
But smattered among the magical (HUGE surprise gifts, sleeping in until 9, waking to pancakes and sausage, Santa work with the guy you love until 11pm, 2 1/2 hours in the car when all three tribe members are sleeping, watching cousins ride circles on their new stick horses, yummy food, my mom's enormous wine glass)  were moments of pure insanity.

Moments in the car....always the last 35 minutes of the ride (can I hear a, Hell Ya, I can relate) when the driver probably wants to run the van off the road.  The assistant who's job is to deal with the backseat passengers wants to throw open the passenger door and throw myself herself into the ditch.  All for the sake of their own sanity.  Kidding aside.  The travel can cause dicey moments.
 
I don't share that there were tears before we even started opening gifts Christmas morning.
I don't share that sleeping can get dicey when we aren't at home, unless there is the perfect laundry room for Miss Syd.
And I don't share that for the second year in a row, I whipped out these frozen UBake Cinnamon rolls and relish in the fact that I know they will turn out.  And they are a treat. 



More holiday moments to come.  Just always know....there is spazzy chaos among the beautiful berry shots.  Thanks for the compliments on the berry shot, friends. 

5 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

I don't think we've done a road trip where one or both of us haven't asked to be dropped off on the side of the road (jokingly?!).

Stepping On Cheerios said...

I love that Santa slipped a booster seat in there!!!!!! Merry Christmas:)

Barb said...

When when, oh when will we get to taste the famous cinnamon rolls? By the way, I always want more and more of your blog and wish they would go on and on.

CB said...

Well said! Some of the blogs I read look like magical fairy tale lands where no real life exists - so nice when people keep it real. I can totally relate to the insanity you are talking about!

CB said...

p.s. - what little game is Henry playing (the one that you said was a big hit).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails