Thursday, September 8, 2011

Henry meets his preschool teacher!

More big things are happening next week for our Henry.
And my tummy knots up just thinking about it.
This morning we were off to meet Ms. Kari (Which rhymes with Ms. Shari his old teacher.)

Yesterday when we discussed the meet the teacher adventure he told me,
"Mama, I will be like Charley.  I not cry.  I have fun."
I teared up as we drove along listening to his little 3 year old thinking.
He is a thinker.

But this morning we had to pick him up and hold him down to get him buckled.
He didn't want to go...just to meet his teacher and see his classroom.
The big day isn't until next week.

When we got there he had settled and walked in bravely.
He was shy saying hello to his teacher.
But he found his locker.  But of course, wouldn't pose by it.


We toured the room and he silently took it all in.  While I chatted with the teacher...explaining that our Henry is shy but we don't like to say that so he can hear because he uses that word as an excuse at times.  And I don't want him to fall back on that excuse.  She agreed!  We discussed our plan next week...and I told her she might have to do the pry off my leg and go.  So we are on board the same train.

I feel good.
And Henry started to take an interest in things around him.

There will be 20 little 3 and 4 year olds in his class.  And he has a helper teacher that tried really hard to connect.  And I think they finally did.


And as we were about to leave I asked if I could snap his picture with his teacher and he still refused.  But she offered him a little gift....

He lit up.
And he posed.
And I could have done a happy dance.
But I held it together.
And just have this little part of me that feels like next week might be hard but it won't be horrible.  And this little guy is going to love it...eventually.
A great teacher makes such a difference.  And I am really excited about his teacher and helper teacher.

Today:
Meet the teacher
Library
and just home...waiting to get Charley boy!

7 comments:

Raina and Andy said...

what a cute teacher! i know he'll warm up. i can't wait to see him in his own independence!!! go henry go. go sarah go! RR

Anonymous said...

Max has Ms. Kary, too. She DOES seem to be so great. We are looking forward to a great year as well. Hoping this might give Henry and Max some common ground. Hope to see you really soon, Sarah!

Amy

Barb said...

It's Henry's turn and he's not Charley, he's Henry, and he will do it all his way and it will be special. Beautiful blog.

Danifred said...

And my heart melts.

Rebecca said...

I'm totally in love with the "pictures that could have been but weren't." He's adorable...he'll love it. You're right...a good teacher makes all the difference.

CanadianMama said...

Henry, you have such a great Mama, who knows you so well! I hope you end up loving preschool!

Anonymous said...

Of course he ended up posing with her! She's adorable! Nice work, Henry. ;)

Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails