Not my favorite kind of fun. But gladly wanted to end the summer giving Charley the choice since he won't be as free to go here and there with school starting up.
I have loved having the bucket list to conquer this summer. It inspired me to do a few of the outings that I regret if I don't push myself to do them. It gave me ideas on days when we weren't sure what to do. I think we can say we did our list. There were a few things that we missed and couldn't do. But I feel like we replaced those things (camping, lightrail ride) with other really neat experiences (flying to grandmas, trip to Chicago, forts in the woods, etc.).
So here is what I think will be our final bucket list update!
6. Go camping...we didn't do this yet. Maybe this fall. But we did take a family road trip to Chicago!
14. make rainbow pudding pops
17. Pick strawberries...we missed this but we did hit the up north Children's museum this summer.
24. walk to the coffee shop...the coffee shop that we used to walk to closed before we could walk there this summer. But I brought my latte maker to the cottage and sat in the quiet watching the lake and that was precious and yummy.
28. Baseball on a field
31. Lightrail to Min. falls for picnic - let's be honest, being a new mom of three...this wasn't going to happen. But I did fly to my parent's with Sydney this month. And we took the metra in Chicago to see downtown.
36. Richard. Nature Center...this is typically a better fall activity. We did however, go see the Visitor's center up at Grandma Charlie's 3 times and what an amazing place that is!
38. See Cars Race...we didn't get there this year at the cottage...but we got to see the Packers play!
44. Hike at Cl. Lake...another fall activity. We did make it to the beach here with a few friends though. And while at Grandma Charlie's the boys spent plenty of time in the woods hiking around and building forts.