Tuesday, August 23, 2011
My mom tells me that when I was little, as she tucked me in at night, I would say thank you. I would say, "Thanks mom for taking us _________." Wow, was I cool or what. My boys don't do that...but as we pulled out of Grandma's driveway today, waving goodbye to Grandma after a most excellent visit...
Henry said, "We did so much fun stuff. I don't want to go home. I want Grandma to come with us." And that right there, is his way of saying thank you. And that makes my heart swell.
Arriving home I realized that we have about two weeks...yep, two weeks from tonight we will be sitting together for dinner discussing Charley's first FULL day of first grade. MAN, I am in a panic.
But he is ready...he proved it by doing the monkey bars over and over and over at Grandma's house.
So, tonight these boys are settling in to their new sleeping spots. Bunked. And how cozy it is. It makes me want to sleep in a bunk bed again. Their life is so good. Driving home today it hits me again, that we get this one chance to make their one childhood strong, steady, memorable, filled with moments that push and help them grow. Yep, one childhood. Isn't that kind of overwhelming as a parent.
Tomorrow...summer's coming to an end. Time to embrace each moment.
Of course I will start my day with this:
Grace for today:
1. Redbox movie app...I was able to find a Redbox on our ride home to rent a movie that kept the boys quiet and happy the entire drive.
2. Sydney fell asleep after eating pears and oatmeal at dinner. She did the head bob and we all giggled. Then I took her up and put her peacefully to nigh night!
3. Sad to leave but nothing beats coming home, once you are there.
4. Happy Birthday Kimmer! Love you!
5. Sydney lit up when daddy walked in tonight.
at 8:23 PM Posted by For the Love of Naps - Sarah