Tuesday, June 7, 2011

once again...

my ass strikes again...

Coming soon will be a tab up top where I will list and then eventually elaborate on ideas that I have in my pocket to do with your kids this summer. Some of them will need no explanation but some will need some instruction I am sure. I thought about making a jar for them to pull from like many bloggers have mentioned. But if you are like me...you might like to be in control of what mess or activity gets pulled because often you the parent are involved. So coming soon...hold me to it. Meanwhile, while driving home from a lunch binge on pizza...

Out of my ass came this idea...

How about having your kids throw a garage sale...and you the mother are the only shopper. They can price their items in a price range that is "worth it to you" so like everything has to be a penny, nickle, or dime etc. Then you get to shop...

Use real money.

If you buy something it is then gone...donated...or trash. And the money is theirs to keep. If they put something up for sale that you think shouldn't be you can buy it and store it away for a while...making it new again.

What a fun way to get rid of some of the old junk (I am thinking broken things, McDonald's toys,things they don't play with. While teaching the different coins and then the value of the dollar. Let your kids go real shopping/ or garage sale-ing or arcade game playing at restaurants on vacation.

5 comments:

shellycoulter said...

Great idea! :)

The Tompkins Family said...

I love love love the garage sale idea. Too soon for us but I will definitely try it later. I'm very excited for your new tab. You always have the greatest ideas!

April said...

Love it!

Raina and Andy said...

wow! so creative. RR

Kelly said...

OMG...so easy, why didn't I think of this? I'm getting tired of all the 'crap' in our house that has become clutter...everything should have its place in our home, and lots of stuff is just 'stashed' here and there in bins, closets, drawers, etc so it has no true place. Hmmm...might have to have Austin do this! LOVE IT! :) Love your ass!! hehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails