Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I am never disappointed...

I am never disappointed when I give my full attention to my children.
I am never disappointed when I am deliberate about our days.
I am never disappointed when we sit down as a family for dinner.
I am never disappointed when I put the housework aside to play or spend time with friends.
I am never disappointed when I take time to shower and wear something other than sweats.
I am never disappointed when I give myself permission to wear a hat and sweats for the day.
I am never disappointed when I take a hot shower or bubble bath at night.
I am never disappointed when I take time to eat breakfast.
I am never disappointed when I make the long drive to see family for the big celebrations or the small quiet weekends.
I am never disappointed when I host friends or family for the weekend.
I am never disappointed when I take a moment in the afternoon to email or call a friend.
I am never disappointed when I spend moments during my day emailing my mom and sister.
I am never disappointed when I spend time outside, even if it is to walk to the mailbox.
I am never disappointed when I do what my gut is hinting at.
I am never disappointed when I take the time to send a card on someone's birthday (which is why I should do it more often). 
I am never disappointed when I give myself permission to take time for myself.
I am never disappointed when I exercise or eat healthy.
I am never disappointed when I go to bed early.

What's a sure thing in your life today?



9 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

I am never disappointed...when I read your blog! This is a great post and I'm going to steal the idea (with your permission) for a post later down the road.

Raina and Andy said...

I'm never disapointed when I take an extra 5 minutes at bedtime to talk to Eli calmly about his day. It makes my day to give him that extra, loving attention when he responds with "No crying" when I lay him down!!!! RR

Anonymous said...

I am never disappointed when I exercise, when I give myself a pedicure, when I take the time to bake, when I go on a date with my hubby, when I spend time with friends, when I read bedtime stories with T-monster, or when I snuggle with him in my bed in the morning.

Kim

January Dawn said...

Stopping by from PYHO. This post is so lovely! And so true. I'm never disappointed when I crank up the tunes and dance around the living room like a maniac with my boys.

Jen said...

Great list!! I am never disappointed when I exercise or go to bed early either :)

Ostriches Look Funny said...

I'm never disappointed when I take a nap. Or two naps. Or when I clean up a mess right away instead of procrastinating...which sometimes gets in the way of my nap. GAH!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

You should pass this along to one of those crafty people at etsy and have them print it and frame it...it's lovely!

Amber_D said...

Great list! I especially like the one about giving your children your full attention. I can't tell you the number of times my son or daughter has come to me and asked me to drop what I'm doing to play. I'll admit sometimes I feel annoyed at the interruption, but I have never once been disappointed when I do it. They always have way better ideas for my time than whatever chore I was engaged in.

Love your header by the way! Too cute.

Shell said...

I love your list!

I am never disappointed when I take time to take care of my family and myself... even when it puts me behind in other areas of my life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails