Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Morning Leftovers...

Speaking of leftovers...Ed brought home Big Bowl last night for dinner. We hadn't had that for so long. So Delicious and there is just a teeny tiny bit left for lunch today. Yum.

Charley had his conference last night. He is doing really well. Needs to build up his confidence in how he is doing as a learner. But other than that we are very proud parents. His teacher is in a rough spot right with the classroom. It is pretty stripped down to the bones. Nothing on shelves...the walls are decorated minimally. She has to redo all her files, lesson plans, she is working without manuals. This weekend I will dig through my teaching collection and see what I can pass along. Just heartbreaking.

Sydney's doc went well this morning. Ed always comes to their well checks. I don't think this makes a great dad...because I know many dad's don't have the flexibility in their work day. However, this is one of the things that Ed is adamant about and it is just another way he is an amazing hands on father. How can I not fall in love with him all over again as he hold her during her shots...while I am the coward in the corner tearing up.

I am in the mood to tidy up today. The boys are wiped out from our exciting outing yesterday. So we will take it easy. I will get some cleaning and blogging done. The boys will work on a few things I have planned for them...and then maybe indulge in a little Scooby Doo.

We need garbage bags BAD. We are all out. I forget to buy them today at Target and there is NO WAY I am going back with all three again today. However, all three were wonderful today. The check out lady said, "Oh, you do have your hands full." I love this - I have friends with three that told me I would hear this...and it is true. I responded, "But they are all happy and under control so life is good." They were great little shoppers. So proud of them.

Sydney won't take the bottle anymore. Ugh. Ed looks so defeated after a few rounds with her in the evening. This morning we tried, hoping that a different time of day would make a difference. Nope. Boo! We are attempting daily now.

I have been blessed with a few new followers recently. I am so curious how you came across my blog. I used to do more link ups and I don't do them much these days...so if you could do a shout out and let me know how you came across me...just curious. Also, those of you who are new or old..if you don't have an email attached to your blog profile- YOU SHOULD. This allows me to respond to your comments...so if you ask a question or write something ...I can email back. I have made some really great friends this way! DO IT! and if you aren't sure how...let me know.

The sun is shining and so it gives us a burst of energy - however, it is still pretty cold out there. Spring - you have dilly dallied enough. Pull up your boot straps and march yourself into our lives...It is almost April for goodness sake!

Happy Weekending!

more blogs to come so say hi! Let's chat! Makes blogging so much more fun!

Still hungry...go here to read more leftovers!

7 comments:

shellycoulter said...

So...I'm pretty sure you can respond to me on email. But how do you do it? I sometimes respond in my comments to people...but they probably never see it. I'd love to be able to click and respond to their email.

And thanks for your comment on my blog. It was so kind and encouraging! :)

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

HERE HERE! Come on Spring!

Danielle said...

oh what i would give for nicer weather..

Sarah said...

Stopping in from FNL.

How awesome he is able to go to well checks!
I agree, spring needs to come on! I'm tired of the cold. Plus it will be nice to get my daughter outside for fresh air!
I agree about making another trip to the store. I only have two (a newborn and 19 month old), but it is a bit taxing figuring out the logistics. Plus, I get the "hands full" comment too.
Not sure if my email is attached to my profile. I'll look into it :-)

Danifred said...

I wonder what it is that makes them just stop taking the bottle. So weird. Tricky little ones!

Raina and Andy said...

yes sad about the bottle. gives you more freedom...have you tried a different nipple size? enjoy these blurbs with all the "stuff" we would normally talk about but don't have the time to always spend on the phone. RR

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

I don't know if this would help, as far as the bottle taking. But have you thought about a different bottle all together? I believe I still have ours you could try if you want to borrow a couple.
I really don't know if it would matter though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails