Thursday, January 13, 2011

How are you feeling?



How are you feeling?
The question.
The. question.

Even my sister who I have promised to call at any hour of the day...wakes up emailing me and asking if I am in labor. 

When I call someone the person answers with a "YES?" in a tone that tells me they are expecting me to tell them I am in labor...
and it is at that moment that I remember that others are waiting for the news too. 



So I read on a number of lists on how to induce labor naturally that pineapple could do it.

So this morning Henry and I ventured to Target, with the thought that it would be the last time just Henry and I, without the incredibly awkward and heavy car seat that you have to carry at least a foot away from your body so you don't end up with a bruise the size of a watermelon down the side of your thigh...

And we bought one of the big pineapples for $3.99.

And returning home we sliced it up and I have been nibbling on it...with the help of Charley.

So what have you heard works...

I am getting anxious to meet this little BOY or GIRL! 
The wonder is starting to drive me nuts and keep me up from 3:30-4:30am.
I have gone late with my two boys...so I don't really expect anything to work.  But wouldn't it be fun!


 

6 comments:

extreme personal measures said...

Hang in there and good luck.

Denise
http://www.extremepersonalmeasures.com/

The Tompkins Family said...

I am so guilty of asking you how you're feeling too!! You'd think I would remember how annoying it is when it was just 7 weeks ago for me! SORRY! I am just so excited to find out if you've had a boy or a girl!

The things I've heard (but DID NOT WORK FOR ME!):
-lots and lots of walking
-bouncing and rocking on the exercise ball
-pineapple
-raspberry leaf tea
-stretch and sweep membranes (okay this DID work the 2nd time but I'm certain it was a coincidence, it didn't work for tons of other ladies I know too!)
-spicy foods
-DTD!
-castor oil
-acupressure

That's all I've got. I truly believe baby comes when he/she is good and ready though and not a minute sooner! That being said, I've tried most of the things on the list because let's face it, at this point, you are DONE!

April said...

I am guilty of wondering if you were in labor too! :) I will be thinking it every day I get up until it happens!

I have heard that walking on the beach or taking a bumpy or curvy road car ride have done the trick. But honestly being 2 weeks late and having the doc strip my membranes was the only thing that did the trick for me :)

Danifred said...

I think I tried everything under the sun with both my girls and nothing ever worked here. Not even petocin.
Can't wait until s/he is born :)
(And "Bean" would be a delightful name for her)

shellycoulter said...

Haha! I actually wondered that while I was driving today. Someone on the radio was talking about their friend being in labor and I wondered if you were? :) Hope you're not creeped out that I'm excited to hear the news even though I don't really know yoU! :)I promise I'm a normal mom like you! :) haha!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear your news too! I think about you every day and check your blog so many times a day to hear the big news!!! My first one was 11 days over, 2nd one was 4 days over and the 3rd one was 9 days over and they had to induce her because I/dr thought the baby was just getting bigger and bigger and she was 9 lbs 10 oz. I tried all the tricks too to induce labor, but have never heard of the pineapple one before! Jamie Trampe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails