1. Fun play dates that include little Henry and lots and lots of giggling!
2. Friend chats in the middle of the afternoon - I remember my mom pacing the kitchen with that long telephone cord stretched as she stirred the pot and chatted with...whoever! I appreciate the middle of the afternoon friends that call to just catch up.
3. Dropping Charley off in the morning, I am brave and am not afraid of the carpool lane. I shout, "LOVE YOU CHARLEY! HAVE A GREAT DAY!" He yells back "Love you too!" and then huffs his way up to the building with his all too huge backpack! Brought tears to my eyes today - I have a child old enough for everyday school. Wow!
4. Friends that offer to watch Hank so I can ease my stress and get some volunteer hours in before baby is born. Nothing like leaving your expiring teaching license renewal to the last minute. In the next two- four months I will be having a baby, living on little sleep, squeezing in some volunteer hours, and taking two classes! WOO HOO! At some point I will be able to indulge in a glass of wine!
5. Our afternoons have been flowing with outside snow play, a holiday cartoon from Netflix, a craft, Thank you letter writing, and free play. The library has been on our list of places to go but it just never happens....and that is okay.