Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Renaissance fun

Where is it normal to buy HUGE pickles from men half clothed in Renaissance apparel. Yep, the Renaissance festival.


Ed's mom and I started going to the festival when it was just the two of us...and Charley was a baby in my belly. We would shop the pottery and art, watch the shows, and eat all the food we pleased. This year we ventured there with both boys.



We went at the end of the day...from 3:30-7. Henry walked the entire time. We enjoyed some yummy treats, watched the games and shows, and browsed a few shops. Charley and Henry were pretty shy about things this year. And I need to remember this year of trying to coax them into doing some of the rides and activities. Because I give them a few years and I will be instead saying, "You may pick two rides..." because with possibly three boys it could get pricey watching them all dual each other in the sword fight booth.


They never completely relaxed because there is so much going on and I must admit that a lot of it is a bit bizarre.  An over abundance of cleavage, men in tights, people biting into giant turkey legs like they do it on a daily basis, and swords all over the place. 

It is a little boys dream.  And I am glad that I can find plenty of enjoyment in the whole experience myself.  Someday, I would like to go with Ed and friends and spend the day sipping wine or beer from the large pottery mugs they sell.  Watching people all day - because it truly is an exceptional people watching extravaganza!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I wish I had been there with you, Grandma Charlie, Henry & Charley - what an eye opener of a day! Great photos too.

Danifred said...

We're going in a few weeks and I can't wait!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails