1. It. Is. HOT.
2. We are sick of being cooped up...avoiding the heat.
3. We ventured to a sprinkler park early this morning and Henry was stung by a bee ...or something...within moments so we headed home. He has had no reaction...and I didn't see it happen up close...but good to know that my two boys aren't allergic to bee stings...if that is what Henry got.
4. The last two days we have skipped Henry's nap. He has been having a hard time falling asleep at a decent bedtime that matches up with Charley's. And with the cooped up days and the lack of run around time I figured we would let him stay up. He has managed quite well and when bedtime rolls around he goes to bed without a single fuss. Hmmmm...is he going to be a child who is done napping earlier than I want. With Charley in morning kindergarten I know that the afternoons would be perfect times for them to play well with each other...yet Charley napped until he was 4 - 4 1/2 and it makes me ill thinking that Henry isn't getting that sleep. I think we will just keep the nap going but maybe not stress if there is a day when we miss. He falls asleep without a fuss at nap time...it is just at bedtime following his nap that he struggles.
5. I had to renew my driver's license and wonder about the organ donor question...do you indicate that you will donate organs or do you opt out? Why? I just read a book where the issue came up and I never really thought about it. So curious what you all think?
6. Band aids cure all and I am thinking the 2 dollars it costs for a box is worth the happiness that they bring when moments arise...whether they REALLY need one or not.
7. It is hot. Did I say that...and it isn't so much the hot, but it is the humidity. I can't even imagine being farther along in a pregnancy and dealing with it because just being this far along is awful.
8. Our master bedroom is out of control. I have several...not couple...several laundry baskets and some 20 gallon tubs full of clean laundry waiting to be put away. They are stacked everywhere and I just can't find the motivation to put it away...or the hour or three, when I have access to all three closets without two little guys being unsupervised downstairs. I should call the neighbor girl and have her babysit while I attack it...hmmm...that is a call that I should make right now.
9. DON'T FORGET TO GO HERE and get your name in to win the children's book Is Your Buffalo Ready for Kindergarten? Even if you don't have a use for it...you could give it to a teacher or friend!
10. One more thing...how do you stay patient with your children when they spill entire bowls of cereal- with milk and then smile, fight over silly toys, do things over and over even though you have asked, say NO when you ask them to help with something...and all before 9 am? Just wondering because lately - I am not so patient and it really makes me sad.