Monday, June 28, 2010


So Henry has had a weird few days of high fevers but no other symptoms. After our ER visit on Thursday night we followed up with his doctor on Friday afternoon. He was still running a 103.3 fever. All tests came back with nothing so they explained he would probably break the fever in the next day or two and then this Roseolla rash would show up on his torso. And boy did it ever. Saturday morning he woke up with it all over his belly and back and by mid morning it was on his face and hairline. Even though the rash is not looks so sad. But his appetite was back. Getting back to the Saturday morning thing...

Everyone in our house slept until 8am! AWESOME...right? Not so much, when Charley has his big soccer jamboree starting at 8:30! Ed quickly showered and headed out with Charley ...I sent some pancakes with them. Henry and I arrived a bit late but still got to see 3 of the 4 20 minute games. And the big moment occurred at the end when Charley was presented with his first trophy.

 The rest of the day was spent staying cool because the heat and humidity were pretty steamy.  Henry was a sad soul but his appetite returned and brother time was great medicine.

Dinnertime rolled around and without hesitation we ordered this...which we don't do very often anymore since we typically roll out our own dough...but there is something about take out pizza.  The boys waited patiently in the front yard to see the pizza guy arrive. 

A summer Saturday that we survived with sizzling temperature, busy soccer, a sick boy, and all the other stuff that comes along with everyone home with wants and needs.  Here's to a more healthy week in our household...and yours too!


The Tompkins Family said...

I love the picture of the boys sitting on the stairs!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, when I saw the first pic, I thought he had a sunburn. Poor little guy. I hope he's feeling better.
Congrats to Charley! That is awesome. :)

Danifred said...

The garlic butter alone makes my mouth water!!!

Rebecca said...

Matt recently ended a random virus with a horrible rash. It went away within three days and didn't seem to bother him either. Hope he gets better soon...oh yes, garlic butter...yum!

Ross Family said...

Way to go Charley!!! Poor Henry, but thank goodness the rash did not bother him! Hope he is feeling better!


Related Posts with Thumbnails