Monday, February 1, 2010

"Not Me" Monday

   


My husband made dinner on Sunday evening. He cooked up some of our leftover sushi fish. He made a few fish sticks too. No, I didn't marry a man who decides to serve the fish sticks like this (stacked in a pyramid):
 
...Nope, not me.


Last week we got some snow but mostly it was just really windy....so it drifted quite a bit.  Charley had a play date with a friend that lives out of town where the wind really blows.  I had enough speed driving up their long driveway...and the mom told me to make sure to get a running start and to step on it when I was leaving.   So as I took off I DID NOT hesitate with stepping on the gas...getting us stuck....and  my friend and I DID NOT have to shovel out the tires so I could get traction to back up.  And I did not wuss out and have her drive us out once we had gotten unstuck.  Nope, not me!

I did not own these earrings ...when I was somewhere between the ages of 8-18 years old..there is no way...Nope, not me!


(Luckily they look like they were NEVER worn!)
 
When my boys are so content and happy playing together I do not avoid the space they are enjoying - in fear that they will remember that I could play too.  Nope, I don't lurk and peek from around corners to catch moments like this, and then sneak away to continue puttering around.  Nope, not me!

 


I do not excitedly squeal and share little excitements with my husband from this hobby called blogging...like when I get a comment or new follower!  I am so excited to have 23 followers! (I kicked off the new year with 15 (family and friends) and I said to a friend I would like to grow my blog just a teeny tiny bit!)  OR when I email a blogger that I follow to ask them a question and they respond - I do not do a happy dance!  Nope it isn't the little bloggy things that help make my day.

Go here  to read more things that moms are NOT doing.
For the Love of Naps Home page

5 comments:

Brandie said...

That is funny. I don't get excited about new followers either. And I never avoid playing with my kids bwahahaha!

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

Glad to hear I am not the only one who doesn't dare go into the room the kids are playing happily in:) I even tell the hubby not to, b/c as soon as you do...it ends.
Woo hoo on the followers!

Liz said...

I completely agree with not interupting the kids to see what they're doing. NO WAY! lol

Cute blog!

Liz
http://lovingthismomstuff.blogspot.com/

Leigha said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one avoiding the room my kids are playing in!

So Who Is The Crayon Wrangler? said...

Avoiding playing with your children is a GOOD thing. It is teaching them to share, pummel and create just by their little lonesomes.
Self reliance at its finest!

Great blog. I love your writing "voice" and the pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails