Sunday, December 6, 2009

Grace in Smal Things #37 Give these a try...

1. I am sure most of you have heard of Pandora (a music website that allows you to select a song and a playlist will then play that is similar to that song requested- for FREE). Well, another blog I read brought Stereomood to my attention. Instead of typing in a particular song you want to hear, you type in the mood you are in, and then it will play music to fit your mood. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks fun.

2. After I wrote about the holiday music topic, my brother brought this fun deal to my attention. Amazon is giving away free Christmas music downloads here. It is 25 days of free music until Christmas.

3. I have been reading lately. I have read these two amazing books. The Help, by Katheryn Stockett, is now one of my all time favorite books. Sarah's Key is also an amazing book. If you are looking for something to escape with during these crazy holiday preparation days...these are two books that will do it!

4. If you have kids like me...you are probably enjoying lots of the holiday shows that are on these days. This year Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas has been the most mesmerizing for both my boys. I recorded it on our Tivo from PBS...check your local listings. When I looked it was going to be playing a number of times before Christmas. This one lasted an hour in our household....which means, mama had time to blog, clean up, whip up a batch of Strawberry Brownie Bites, and mix myself a cocktail!



5. Looking for something new to bring to a holiday gathering....check out this neat idea. I think these Strawberry Brownie Bites look spectacular. With all the heavy sweet stuff served...these look a little refreshing to me. (This photo was taken from her site) Who couldn't resist a strawberry and brownie on a stick!

2 comments:

April said...

Very great things today! I have also read Sarah's Keys, it was great. Since we have the same taste in books, I need to read The Help.

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Definitely get The Help soon! It really is sooo good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails