Things I appreciate about returning home from the cottage...
1. Clean floors that aren't sandy, slanted,and gross.
2. A decent bed that has a better chance of giving me a good night sleep.
3. A shower and bathroom that are just ours.
4. Water that isn't full of iron and doesn't smell like rotten eggs.
5. A kitchen full of pans and utensils that are needed...cheese grater, knives that cut, pans, blenders, etc.
6. Internet connection!
Tomorrow we will journey home. It has been a great week and I can't wait to get home and look closer at my pictures. I can't wait to shower for as long as I want with hot water that doesn't run out. I can't wait to give my boys a bath - they will soak for a long time! I can't wait to be home. Being here is such a special time but all the women agree that one week is enough, we all appreciate our "normal lives" as we pack up to return home. I wouldn't change the cottage...well maybe I would remodel the cabins...and add some fish and water to the lake....the water level was seriously low this year. But the friends, the time and how we spend it, the Northwoods supper clubs (where you get soup, salad, and bread with your meal), the margaritas on the dock, the card playing, laughter, and everything else - are perfect! Another great year but definitely time to return home.