Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Busy day...ending with some guacamole and a margarita....

Started the day dropping Charley off at a friends at 8am so he could go to park program at 9am while we were at Henry's 18 month doctor appointment. Then Henry and I hit Target for some groceries. Returned home, put the groceries away, attempted to unpack a bit, and then it was time to go get Charley. We had lunch, put Hank down for a nap and I mowed our lawn while Charley puttered around outside. Then Charley and I made chalk paint, I attempted to unpack again, and then Henry woke up. We walked 40 minutes to and from a park - I was dressed way to warm. We came back and hung out in the little blow up pool....then it was time for dinner. I made a pan of my Mexican stuffed shells and some homemade guacamole! I am addicted to guacamole lately and I gave it a try tonight and it was really good. Of course I had my camera on the wrong setting so the picture doesn't do justice to the vibrant green color. But I took a bunch of recipes and made my own recipe with the ingredients I thought were in it at the store...

2 avocados mashed up
1/4 red onion partly minced and partly finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 tomato without seeds and gunk :)

That's it! It was pretty good...for a first time!

1 comment:

April said...

YUMM! Right up my alley! try adding some cilantro and minced jalapeno! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails