Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A thought hits home...


Today I am having a delightful day with my kids. It is Rian's last day so I baked heart cookies last night and today we decorated them. There is a mixed message in the shape...they are hearts...partly for Valentine's day...but also because I truly loved having Rian here and I hope she had a good time with us.

We had our friends over to decorate cookies and my girlfriend and I sat and drank our diet cokes and chatted about various topics. I threw in a frozen pizza. The three big kids all got along and played well. Henry followed them around and kept checking in with me. It was a comfortable morning and I treasure the ability to do these silly little holiday activities. Reading a blog today on the site I realized that the last thoughts in her post really hit me. Here it is:


I had always thought that I was a stay-at-home mom for my kids' sake, that this was something I was doing for them but now, after ten years of perspective, I can see that it was all for me, this tremendous gift that I gave myself. Now she is right on the cusp of her unafraid leap into the bigger world and I know that these are the very best days of my whole life, these leisurely days with her and the days I spent with her brother and sister, and that for the rest of my life this will be the golden remembered time, this radiant center of my all of my days.

I will leave it at that. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails