Saturday, January 24, 2009

Taking a little for myself

So it has been a cold winter and I have kept pretty cooped up in the house. We ventured out a few times this week and now are fighting colds and ear infections, so most likely we will stay put again next week. So this afternoon Ed was looking at the movies because he is going to hang out with buddies tonight. Good for him - he needs and deserves this. Charley was napping on the couch, Henry seemed to be napping....so I spur of the moment grabbed my jacket and left. I went and saw a movie ALL BY MYSELF! Now when I contemplated...Ed responded, "If that is what you want to do...all alone. You could call a friend." But see, to pick a friend, call them, find out they are busy, call another and then set up a time to go to the movie in like two weeks...just wouldn't do what I needed to do at this moment. I know that not everyone is comfortable going to a movie alone. However, my mom has always encouraged me to go to a movie by myself at different times in my life. I hadn't done it in a long time. But to escape and nab up some time that is frivolous and fun....that was what I needed. I felt independent and halfway through the movie I felt excited to get home. ahhhh...that felt good. I forget that getting out and doing something for myself can be reinvigorating.

Cheers to a moment for me.

1 comment:

Junebug said...

So....what movie did you see? I've always wanted to go to a movie by myself, but haven't yet worked up the courage...maybe now with two kids of my own I will do that soon! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails