Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mom's aren't supposed to get sick.

Mom's aren't supposed to get sick. We can't get sick. When we are sick then life stops...right? Luckily for me my healthy hubby stepped into my shoes for the day so that I could be sick in peace. My "flu" experience started at 2am Tuesday morning and I finally felt better around 9 pm Tuesday night. I still haven't eaten anything but saltines but I feel secure that my journey is done. Henry survived his mama being sick. He seemed a little startled by the face mask that I got from Charley's doctor kit but it didn't slow him down from nursing.

Henry woke up at 1am fussing and because I just wanted to go back to sleep and we haven't committed to retraining him to not eat since our Thanksgiving travel I got up to feed him. During this quiet time I heard Charley coughing which progressed to gagging. Needless to say, Charley's experience with the "flu" began at 1 am on Wednesday. After a bath and changing his sheets all the while he reminded us of the last time this happened...about a year ago before Henry was born. Boy he has a good memory. Once we had him tucked in and we were back in bed I heard him sucking down his water which I forgot to remove from his bedside table. I ran in there...but too late...he had sucked down most. 45 minutes later he was leaning over his bed again. However, I have never been so proud of my boy. So we just had to wipe his face, pat his back, and back to sleep he went. What a gift to have a child who can make it in the bucket at four years old.

So far this morning I am feeling fine and Charley seems in good spirits. We'll see what happens for the rest of the day. Ed went to work today and I pray that he is graced with a free pass this round of the "flu" . We awoke to the snow plow so outside we have enough snow that I believe might stick around :) Fresh! It looks so fresh.

Ya know...I think on Friday I will hit up Walgreen's for a flu shot. Of course, I got everyone else to get one this year but it keeps getting pushed to the last item on my to do list. Even though this obviously isn't the "flu" or at least the strain that the shot helps prevent....but...

Gosh, if you are reading this and are healthy. Realize how lucky you are to be healthy. I hate getting sick, but I guess it does smack you in the face and make you realize how precious your health is and how quickly it can change.

2 comments:

The Gardiner Family said...

Sorry to hear that you were sick! Hope everyone is on the mend! See you next week if not before!

Sarah, Steve, Braden and Olivia said...

Oh Sarah I am sooooo sorry that you got sick. It is awful when the mommy is down and out. I hope you are feeling better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails