Monday, December 1, 2008

Giving Thanks for Home

Traveling for Thanksgiving made me realize how much I appreciate being home. As we arrived home last night I knew that Henry would sleep much better in his own bed. I knew that the next morning Charley would get up and know what to expect out of our day. Henry would nap when he was supposed to and Charley would have his toys to keep busy with. Being home every day all day makes me sometimes get a little crabby. I don't always appreciate being able to have cozy days at home. Travelling this weekend revitalized me to appreciate having time at home, routine at home, space, comfort, and quiet at home. It reminded me that getting out and away from the environment is healthy and good. As a stay at home mom your work environment and home environment are the same. And so the physical home environment can get...hmmm...I don't know how to explain it....boring...confining...the same...anyways...travelling and operating out of suitcases and your van can make you appreicate your home. I give thanks for our home the physical environment and the cozy feeling that comes when you turn on the lamps in the evening, with some quiet music as you make dinner to the pitter patter of your little ones feet, while awaiting the arrival of your husband. Home - There is no place like it.

1 comment:

Sarah, Steve, Braden and Olivia said...

It's great Sarah that you've found something that refreshes you...now you know what to do when you are feeling in a rut. You can go away for a few days and come back ready to appreciate home again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails