Friday, December 19, 2008

And Christmas Adventures Begin

Yesterday we were supposed to leave for my parents house...5 1/2 drive if you don't have two little ones that require stops. My family is celebrating Christmas this weekend. News of a snowstorm dampened my spirits as I feared that the yucky travels would cause our trip to become more of a hassle than a pleasure. Friends and family kept me updated on snow predictions. By afternoon Ed and I decided it would probably be best to leave last night rather than this morning. So we left at 5:40 pm...grabbed dinner to eat in the car on the way out of town. Made a potty/ nursing stop around 8 and by 8:30....drum roll please....still no snow and more importantly both boys were sleeping. Both boys slept until 11:45 pm at which time we pulled into my parent's neighborhood and the first snowflakes began to fall! Perfect timing. We couldn't believe it. The trip took 6 hours with only one stop. The boys got good sleep and aren't all messed up today. This morning we woke to more than 6 inches of snow and it is still coming down.

We weren't sure if we were making the right decision but we did. Ahhhh! A long sigh as we lay around my parents napping, playing, and doing last minute preparations for the upcoming busy weekend. Tomorrow we will head north of Milwaukee for my dad's side of the family's celebration. We haven't been to this Christmas in years and I am so excited for my Grandpa to finally meet Henry. Saturday evening we will celebrate with my mom and dad, brother, and sister and her husband Andy. On Sunday we will head to Racine for my mom's side of the family's Christmas. Monday we will head back to Minnesota for a little rest before we head up North for some more Christmas celebrations.

Looking for a crisp walk with my mom and sister this evening...and some hot chocolate and Bailey's to warm the spirit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails