Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What's for dinner?

I grew up with a dad that called and asked "What's for supper?" I email daily with my sister and mom and usually part of our daily conversation we ask...What's for dinner there?

So, the big question I am wondering about today...why does Ed, my dear husband, not ask me what is for dinner when he calls to tell me he is on his way. Is it a compliment...he trusts that something will be yummy and ready for him...is it because he really doesn't care...which blows my mind, since I am a girl who loves to know what I will be eating at the next meal while I am eating a meal.

What kind of person are you? Do you want to know what is for supper? Or do you not care and just think of eating as a task during your day? Do you live to eat or do you eat to live?

What is for supper tonight at your house?

5 comments:

Sarah, Steve, Braden and Olivia said...

I totally LIVE to eat. Without a doubt. We had turkey chili and cornbread. YUMMY for a cold, rainy day.

Meg said...

I also live to eat! I have never skipped a meal in my whole life!! :) We had Chow Mein hotdish(my stepdad's recipe), which my family devoured.

Raina said...

oooops
i meant i LIVE to eat....totally not the other way around.

Raina said...

i always eat to live...and because my job deals with food-i'm always thinking about it. too much.
i'm preoccupied with food i guess they'd say.
tonight andy had leftover chili and i had leftover over spagetti---not usual for us to have leftovers. but i just made a HUGE pot of homemade chicken noodle soup that is soooo good :) i had a bowl of that too. what did you end up having?

April said...

for sure I am always asking what's for dinner! The kids ask too! Gavin says, what's for lunch, but I get it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails