Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Breakfast conversation

This morning Charley and I blended up a smoothie with peaches, frozen Bayfield strawberries and raspberries, and a banana...oh and we tried a little flax in there too. Then we sat down with Henry to eat breakfast. As Charley devoured his scrambled eggs, toast, and smoothie he said,
"Mama, does my teacher go to bedtime?" I replied,
"Yes, she does." He then said,
"But mama, she doesn't have a bed at our school."

This reminded me that for children, their teachers are these magical people who LIVE at school. Charley doesn't quite even remember what his teacher's name is yet, Ms. Heather, but already she takes up a space in his mind which creates out of the blue conversation at our breakfast table about her sleeping habits.

To end our breakfast conversation I explained that mama used to be a teacher and that I came home to him at night and slept at our house. "Oh," he replied, "but she will be at school on Saturday and Tuesday and everyday!"

I am thankful to have these breakfast conversations with my three and a half year old. But I also miss being that magical person who sleeps at school. Someday!

1 comment:

Sarah, Steve, Braden and Olivia said...

That's beautiful Sarah - Keep posting moments like those!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails