Monday, March 9, 2015

Syd


Girl won't wear a ponytail for very long.  Which means it looks scraggly and messy a lot.  And it hangs into her soup bowl...or dinner plate.  And I only get it in a pony when I threaten to cut it off like mine.  Which I NEVER would do.  I know her daddy doesn't want it cut.  But he doesn't deal with the battle.  So today, we looked at lots of old pictures when her hair was a fresh little bob and she bought it.  And we got it cut.  And she is mighty happy.  I wish we had gone another inch or two shorter because I think this will look long in a week or two.  But, I don't plan to bug her about it and maybe she will opt for the short cut again next time.  I think it is the way to go with her upcoming swim lessons, summer park outings, and just everything.



This weekend while the boys were off racing I let Syd go up and down the bunny hill.  She got bored and headed for the magic carpet right next to it that goes to the top of the big hill.  I stopped her but she was about to fall apart so I confidently, for only a second said go ahead.  Then I realize what I said and called to her...she looked back...but it was too late.  once she passed where that board walk ends there was no way I could run to her fast enough.  And then she went into that tunnel and I totally lost it.  Crying I dialed Ed hoping he would answer and say she would be fine.  I waited and spoke with another mom at the bottom and then her little pink self appeared at the top of the hill.  

When she entered that tunnel I realized how I had no way of helping her.  I couldn't remind her to come down slow and I had to trust she would come down the right hill.  

And down she came, totally like I told her to...zig zag ...not straight down.  And she came down with a big old smile.  And Guess what?!  I greeted her with a big old smile.  And she spent then next hour going up and down.  

 Proud of this girl.  And as a mama who doesn't ski...I am proud of myself for getting her to lessons all winter, running the bunny hill with her til she trusted herself to go to the top alone, and emotionally getting through a moment of letting your little bird fly from the nest...or rather ski this time.



1 comment:

Raina and Andy said...

brave mama moments!!! way to go syd!! hair so cute. but it IS time for ed to learn the art of a ponytail so he can understand the torture. i remember not letting mom do that to me and she DID cut my hair. ha! RR

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails