Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What's for dinner? -- Apple dip


I recently had this dip and knew I had to make it.  'Tis the season for yummy apple treats.  And this dip is a wee bit more healthy than caramel.  I have served it twice and everyone liked it.  Unfortunately, my boys aren't fans of dipping fruit.  So I guess I will have to wait for friends to join us to make it...otherwise, I am the only one enjoying it.  And eating the whole bowl myself is not healthier than a little serving of caramel.


Yummy Apple Dip
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
3/4 cup of brown sugar
cinnamon to taste

Let cream cheese come to room temperature. 
Whip the cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Serve in a dish, surrounded by sliced apples!

Before serving make sure to stir it so it is gooey like a caramel dip.

I have seen a similar recipe on the Weelicious website and instead of cinnamon they use vanilla and then provide many different kinds of fruits!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails