Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Meet Elfy...



Well, Elfy has arrived.  Grandma Barb let Santa know that we would love to have an elf visitor.  So he arrived last night after bath time.  We read the book (yes, we got the whole kit with the book).  And we talked about how our rule was that we can't touch him and Elfy's rule is he can't talk to us.

 The boys woke up and after a bit I heard them remember that they had to look for him...and they found him sitting up above our fireplace. 

The boys have been referring to him all day.  While we were out running errands, Henry kept saying: "I want to go home and see Elfy."  Every time I asked them to do something Charley said, "Elfy is watching."  Charley also shared that a couple of his school friends had Elfs visiting too.  And at lunch I gave Henry an orange slice, which he normally won't eat, and he said, "I don't like this mama."  And I said, "Well Elfy is watching, and I thought maybe you would want to try it today."  Instead of popping it into his mouth he looked up and announced loudly to Elfy who was across the room, "You come and eat this orange.  You like it Elfy?"  

I am going to relish this whole Elf on a Shelf thing for the next 25 days. 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! Grandma B

Kelly said...

How funny! I spied this in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog and have been itching to get it...cute! :)

Shell said...

We so need an elf. Or like 12.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Henry asking Elfy if he wants to eat the orange is too funny!

Becca

Danifred said...

Horray for the arrival of Elfy!

Liz Mays said...

They are going to have such a BLAST with this all month!

The Tompkins Family said...

This is seriously the first year I've heard of this...I don't know if I've been living under a rock or it's just an American thing?! Anyways, it's super cute/creepy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails