Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What's for dinner?.....Chicken Cordon Bleu


I joined our neighborhood MOMS Club when I started staying home with Charley, when I was pregnant with Henry.  And I have gained so many incredible friends, experiences, connections, etc. from joining.  My participation has ebb and flowed.  There have been stages where I was more active and other times when I didn't do much at all.  But that is the wonderful thing about the club...it works for each stage of parenting you are in. 

After I had Henry I was in the overwhelmed stage and the club has a CARING Mom's group that makes meals for people when they are going through something that could make meal making a last priority.  When Henry was born - feeding the family wasn't the first thing on my mind.  Shower, sleep, sanity - those were the things I was focusing on.  Caring Moms supplied our family with a bunch of yummy meals for 2 weeks after baby came.  Delivered hot and ready to eat or cool and ready to pop in the oven.  A blessing! 

I learned from being part of this that when a mom or spouse is struggling with something that makes dinner preparation difficult or at least a second thought - having a friend drop off a meal can be priceless.

My friend Sarah dropped off this meal and I have made it for my meal group and my family on a regular basis since that cold January evening when she popped in, got a peek at baby Henry, and reminded me that MOMS Club was there if I needed anything else.  Blessed.

Chicken Cordon Bleu:

Wrap 6 chicken breasts (I cut them in half) with a slice of Swiss cheese and then a piece of sliced ham.
Place Chicken in a greased 9 x13 pan.

Mix 1/2 cup milk and 1 can of cream of chicken soup. 
Pour over the chicken breasts.

She says to melt 1/4 cup butter, toss with 2-3 cups of croutons.
Sprinkle croutons over chicken soup mixture.  (I skip the butter part and just throw a package of croutons on...usually flavored.)

Bake covered, about an hour at about 350.  Although, depending on the thickness of the chicken etc.  Sometimes it can take longer.  The last few times I have made it I noticed that an hour was more than enough time and my chicken was verging on being over done.  I think because I cut the breasts in half. 

I like to uncover it and broil it if the croutons aren't crisping up.  Only for a few minutes!

This post is linked to What's Cooking Wednesday at Turning the Clock Back.

4 comments:

Turning the Clock Back said...

Hey, this looks good! You should link it up to my What's Cooking Wednesday linky at http://turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com/2010/11/whats-cooking-wednesday-link-up-your_10.html

I will definitely stop by again for more recipe ideas!

Diane

Kelly said...

Thanks! Now I know what I'm having for dinner. Problem solved! :) KD

April said...

looks like a good one. I will try it. Do you wrap or just lay the cheese and ham on?
One off the subject question, did you have your boys come in for your big ultrasound?

Danifred said...

I don't think I realized I could make this so easily. I have chicken thawing in the fridge already!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails