This morning I had a plethera of errands to run with my boys. While heading out I prayed that the boys would hang in for the ride.
Along the way I was hit with a range of emotions. So instead of random Friday thoughts, I am going to share some random Friday emotions....
1. While they were both getting their hair cut at the same time I realized I was a mother of two boys. (When I pause and realize this I am filled with amazement.)
2. Getting in and out of the car today Henry wanted to do things "Self!" (calm and proud)
3. At Target a worker there gave my boys warnings to hold on as they balanced on the edge of the cart...we were standing still and I was paying for the groceries....it was her tone and the way she eyed me up as she shot out the warning "Hold on boys! Be careful!"...boy did it came off like she was disciplining me...I was peeved. My boys were perfectly safe. I was talking to them - I was aware of what was going on. (annoyed)
4. At a stoplight there was a man smoking in his car, windows shut. EWWWW! (grossed out - who does that anymore).
5. While paying for gas, the guy in front of me bought a 44 oz pop while asking about refills and a $5.00 powerball ticket. Hope he wins... (awe)
6. When buying our huge whole ham the butcher guy was going to carry it out to my car - ummm, it wasn't that big or do I look that weak. (whatever!)
7. Oh, and still irked at this one...I was on a stroller walk yesterday and we were at a cross walk and a fancy shiny car pulled up ....the mom had her phone in her hand and was busy texting...so we waited. I wasn't going to walk in front of her since she didn't seem to be paying attention. The kicker - she had a child that was too small sitting in the front seat with her. HELLO! YOU JUST DON'T DO THAT! (irked)
8. Returning home I sighed - I am hosting Easter and my family is arriving this evening. I CAN. NOT. WAIT. I have decided that I really love hosting. It motivates me to get the house picked up. I like cooking enough. I strive to make people feel comfortable here. (I am filled with anticipation.)
This post is linked up with Friday Leftovers and Friday Fragments!