Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bagels - BAM!

We have had a slow week. I saw colds coming on and thought we would hunker down and stay close to home and try to fend off sick bugs. I fear the stomach flu and I am hearing more and more people coming down with it.

Anyways, without any play dates yet this week we have been keeping busy. Today Charley helped me make bagels! AMAZING! They turned out great for our first time. My goal will be to find a whole wheat flour recipe next ...but for now...we all were impressed with our first try at bagels. The recipe we used is here. It worked really slick! We will make them again! But tonight as I fall asleep I am dreaming about the homemade bagel I am going to enjoy in the morning.

Here's the proof:
 Shaping the bagels and letting them rise.
 
 Boiling them in water.
 

 All Done!



During dinner, Charley told Ed how excited I was to see if the bagels would turn out.  Ed asked Charley if he was excited too and Charley responded, "No! Well not really.  I was just whatever."  I am not ready for the "whatever attitude" - yikes!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I've been wanting to do this! Thanks for the recipe and nudge:) They look very yum.

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

your bagels look great! I need to start making these again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails