Monday, August 3, 2009

My first friend...

I was born in Illinois and lived there until I was in third grade. We lived across the street from a family that also had children. Corey, their first, would probably be considered my first friend. Their family has been part of the "Cottage Family" for over 20 years. Last year after many many years Cory returned with his son CJ. This year Corey returned with his whole family. They stayed in a cabin and hung out all week. It was fun! Who would have 'thunk' that we would have our own kids up there and that they would find fun with each other. Charley loved playing with CJ. He even ordered what CJ ordered when we went out to eat. We once again brought home one of CJs cars and will hold onto it and return it to them next year :) I also got to know Jen, Corey's wife. It was so fun to relax with margaritas and let our kids get dirty. I joked at one point that I would pay them to come back because CJ and Charley played so wonderfully. It gave me a chance to sit back and take it all in. I had planned to take a picture of Cory and I but of course...didn't. As I look at my pictures I really don't have any pictures of Corey. One of the issues was I didn't want to bring my camera out to the dirty beach - in fear of getting it ruined by water or sand...because you know with little ones it is thrown everywhere at sporadic moments. One of my favorite parts of this week was seeing my son play with Corey's son - my first friend.





This is the only picture I have in my house of Cory and I.

Corey, Scott, and I at the cottage in the late 80's or early 90's. Cory is still a fan of the Sox.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails